Sunday, June 29, 2014

kitchen: better late than never


We've been in this house for, ahem, a year and we haven't really done as many projects as I had imagined.  It's hard, it's overwhelming, and staying on top of 2 acres of yard is no small task when you are terrible at it.  Seriously, our yard is insane and needs so much work right now.  It also seems like every time we talk about a new project (bedroom furniture, new carpet) we are hit with a four-figure bill for removing a family of raccoons from the attic and repairing all of their damage.  I wish this wasn't true.  Seriously though, before we moved in, I imagined our weekends being like a Lowe's commercial: lots of smiling, laughing, and "after" pictures.


Yea.  What those ads don't show is all of the crappy prep work, moving the furniture and random crap that is everywhere in your house, and the endless clean-up work.  They don't show the times when your husband knocks a hole in the drywall with a hammer.  Twice.  I'm also not sure how these people have so much energy on a Saturday morning after working all week?  I feel like this is a more accurate representation of a Saturday morning:



Now we now have about six months to get some serious painting/decorating/general work done.  What can I say?  I have always worked better under a deadline.   One room that I wasn't able to deal with after we moved in was my pistachio-green kitchen.  My parents helped us repaint and I decorated that room last September.  Hooray!  One room down.  Only eight to go.

Kitchen/Breakfast Room: Before







Kitchen/Breakfast Room: After









1 comment: